Saturday, April 6, 2024

Genesse, WI: Grain Elevator (and Feed Mill?)

(Satellite)

This former-Milwaukee railroad route is now owned by WSOR.

Street View, Sep 2019

Greg Cochenet posted
"Williams," a station along the former Milwaukee Road at Boettcher Road in Genesee, WI.  It is my understanding that they still ship out a few railroad cars per year, but I only ever come home in the summer.  Regardless, I have always enjoyed the look of this elevator.  This photos is from 2002.
David Budka: I am guessing there is a batch feed mill in the brick building.

I had looked for "the former Milwaukee Road at Boettcher Road in Genesee, WI" earlier, but the Boettcher Road that Google Maps found does not intersect with the railroad route. After again looking in vain, it occurred to me to try using Bing Maps. It offered two Boettcher Roads, and this one does intersect with the railroad. Google Maps labels this road as Main St.


No comments:

Post a Comment