Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Lockport, NY: Decrepit/NYC Depot

(Satellite, 70 photos)

Google Maps labels it "Union Station." That surprised me since the only railroad is NYC.

Cape Cod And Islands Railroads And Trains History posted
N.Y.C.R.R. Depot, Lockport, N.Y.
- Circa 1910
James Miller: There is a station in Geneva NY that is very similar and has been saved.
http://www.trainweb.org/rshs/GRS%20-Geneva,%20NY.htm [It is not that similar. I think the limestone trim on this depot makes it more elegant.]

Note that there appears to be at least part of a roof left over the drive through on the left side of this view. By 2024, that roof was also gone.
Street View, Oct 2007

Dan Oshier Productions, May 2020

The only trackside view I found.
Blake Lemoi, Feb 2021

I was surprised that those walls could have survived windstorms. But that is no longer the case.
David Guyette, May 2024

I'm glad the location of the depot was marked on this map even though it is in the red area because I could not find it when I first looked on a satellite map. I'm not used to looking for buildings that don't have a roof on them.
1950/50 Lockport Quad @ 24,000

No comments:

Post a Comment