Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Pierce, NE: Museum/C&NW Depot and Old Grain Elevator

Original Depot: (Satellite, east of 1st and south of Main. It has been moved.)
Current Depot: (Satellite?, I could not find a location for the Pierce Historical Museum [PierceNebraska].)
Old Elevator: (Satellite)
New Elevator: (Satellite)

Steven Hooker posted
The City of Pierce Nebraska has preserved their CNW Train Station and it is now part of a Museum.

Steven commented on his post when someone asked for a photo of the caboose.
Here is the only photo I have with the entire caboose in the picture.

Before I realized the depot had been moved, I spent some time looking for it in the town. This is when I found the old grain elevator.
Street View, Oct 2008

The town has a big grain elevator considering that it no longer has any rail service. I included the buildings on the right because of the Purina checkerboards.
Street View, Aug 2023

In fact, a building on the other side of the bins says Purina.
Street View, Aug 2023

1963 Pierce Quad @ 24,000

No comments:

Post a Comment