Monday, August 26, 2024

Dawson, IL: Coal Mine

Coal Mine: (Satellite)
Grain Elevator: (Satellite)

The tipple was probably someplace south of the tracks, but I can't determine an exact location because that whole area was cleared by 1939.

Andy Zukowski posted
Coal Mine at Dawson, Illinois 1908

Dennis DeBruler commented on Andy's post
The southeast quadrant of Buffalo Hart Road and Old Route 36, Index 343. By 1939, all of that land had been cleared. The railroad was Wabash.

Dennis DeBruler commented on Andy's post

1939 Aerial Photo from ILHAP

Matthew Harrell posted
My best shot of the last 255 Roadrailer at Dawson, Illinois.  Love this little town.  So wonderfully photogenic.  8/25/2024
Mike Walsh: I thought they were putting a heritage on it.. guess not. Bray Bray: Mike Walsh I believe that was only yesterday. Mark Schofield: Dawson and Abel (next signals West of Dawson) are both great places to set up trackside. Spent a few of my days trackside in Dawson while I still lived in Springfield. Dennis DeBruler: I like that you were further down the road than the railfan crowd and thus caught a good photo of the grain elevator as well.

Street View, Jun 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment