Saturday, August 24, 2024

Toledo, OH: CSX/DT&I Temperance Railyard and Former General Mills

Railyard: (Satellite)
Food Plant: (Satellite)

Tanner James posted
This behind the old General Mills
Doug Tagsold: Former DT&I yard Howie Castellucio: The DT&I Temperance yard. It's original layout had 32 tracks. With the abandonment of the original main line in the early 60s. I'm not sure of when tracks were removed or even if the DT&I ever built the yard completely. Lukas Irons: looks like a transload for what customer? David Jordan: Lukas Irons I'd guess car storage here. General Mills is now Hometown Food. I don't know if animal fat is still transloaded near W. Laskey Road or the "auto shredder residue" (ASR) is still loaded near the GM plant.

It appears that just the corporate name has changed, they still make Pillsbury and other brands. [HometownFoodCompany]

This would have been the interchange yard between DT&I and the Toledo Terminal Railroad. The DT&I is abandoned north of the GM plant. (And it looks like the GM plant no longer has rail service.) The TT is now owned by CSX, and it is abandoned west of this yard.
1952/54 Toledo Quad @ 24,000

No comments:

Post a Comment